Your Ultimate Guide in Choosing the Best Cheese Slicer
Are you planning to buy a Cheese Slicer but don’t know how to pick the best one? If you are, then you just found what you’ve been looking for. A review that will help you choose the best Cheese Slicer among the many options available in the market.
In choosing the best Slicer, you need to know first the different Types of Cheese Slicer.
Top 5 Best Cheese Slicer
This Cheese Slicer is a stainless steel cutting wire type of Cheese Slicer. It is adjustable giving you the option of adjusting the cut to your preferred thickness of the cheese. The package also comes with an extra stainless steel wire that you can replace to your tool over time or as necessary.
The body of this Cheese Slicer is cast from a single piece of zinc alloy making it durable and be able to last for years. Having its handle also puts all the control in your hand making it easy for you to slice your cheese in equal sizes. It does come with a one year warranty as well, so you will have enough time to test the tool.
Another kind of a Wire Cheese Slicer which comes with a wooden board that is made of beechwood. It has a built-in arm and handles grip with the stainless steel wire attached to it. The attached wire is also replaceable and does come with a lifetime warranty in case of breakage.
It does have a rubber foot attached to it to avoid it from sliding while you are cutting your cheese. It is easy to maintain as beech wood doesn’t scratch easily, but when it does, sooner or later the scratches may fade being one of the wood’s features.
This is a cheese plane type of cheese slicer. A classic cheese slicer made of stainless steel blade which makes it easy to use, especially, when cutting a hard cheese. Having the handle also makes it easy for you to control the pressure of slicing the cheese.
This type of cheese slicer is also easy to clean since very minimal of the cheese residue may stock on the blade, and all you have to do is wash it in running water. Although it does have a sharp blade, it is guaranteed that this cheese slicer is safe to use.
A stainless steel wire cheese slicer that comes with a cheese board made of marble. Included in this product’s package is two replacement wires. It can also slice both hard and soft kinds of cheese.
As the board is marble, it is easy to clean and is hand washing recommended to avoid fading of the board design; it also prevents the formation of any bacteria. It does have a non-slip rubber foot to reduce sliding of the board so you can slice cheese steadily and protects your kitchen surface from any scratches.
Another stainless steel wire cheese slicer but having other design as its handle is made of soft rubber which makes it comfortable to control when slicing your cheese. It does come with an extra wire replacement and is easy to replace when needed.
This cheese slicer has a unique design compared to any other cheese slicer. It can be wash by hand but also a dishwasher safe tool.
Types of Cheese Slicer:
Classic Cheese Slicer or the Cheese Plane
A Cheese plane is made of metal which is used by pulling the built-in blade across the flat surface of the cheese to slice it. The built-in blade is placed near the handle, so the remaining space will be able to catch the cheese as you slice through it.
Wire Cheese Slicer
Wire cheese slicer comes into two kinds. Although both uses stainless steel wire to cut cheese; one is used by rolling it over the flat surface of the cheese to cut onto various thickness. While the other one comes with a board and used by placing the cheese on top of the cheese board and pulling down the handle of the wire to cut it.
Advantage of Using a Cheese Slicer
Knowing from the first place your main reason why you need to buy a cheese slicer is a big factor in choosing the best tool, to help you sum it up, here are some of the advantage of using a Cheese slicer rather than an ordinary or regular knife.
- Going back to the old times, where we use the knife for cutting any food, different kitchen tools nowadays has been developed to make it more convenient for us to prepare our food. One of this tool is the Cheese slicer. Cheese becoming an all time favorite of most people and an all around ingredient requires its tool.
- If you have used a regular knife in slicing a hard cheese, you know the struggle of having the cheese break into half or even into smaller pieces while cutting it. One reason why using a cheese slicer is an effective way of achieving nice and smooth slices of your cheese, which will also look beautifully especially on sandwiches and burgers.
- For some people, cheese can also become a snack, and we usually store it in the freezer or refrigerate it to avoid forming of any bacteria, and slicing a frozen cheese is not easy at all. Unless you are patient enough to wait and soften the frozen cheese, using a cheese slicer instead is a more convenient way of having your snack right after you think about it.
- Cheese and wine become perfect partners, that is why most people enjoy having them over small talks or on special occasions. Serving your guest a perfectly sliced cheese will make it look elegant and even amazing.
- Why doubt on spending money when it means convenient and hassle free to you. The tool like a cheese slicer will most likely be considered as an investment as long as you pick the best one.
Things to Consider When Choosing the Best Cheese Slicer
The main purpose of buying a cheese slicer is for you to be able to slice cheese according to your preferred thickness. So, when purchasing a cheese slicer, it should be able to serve you that purpose giving you the convenient way of slicing cheese rather that using an ordinary knife.
Cheese Slicer is a kitchen tool that you won’t only use once but a lot of times. So investing money in buying a high-quality tool that you will be able to use for many years won’t make you regret buying it in any way.
Using a knife on cutting cheese is a bit dangerous, and that’s one of the reasons why most of us would opt to buy a Cheese Slicer instead. So when purchasing a Cheese Slicer, you should also consider the one that will guarantee your safety when using.
A flexible Cheese Slicer is the one that you can use on any Cheese, whether it is a hard or soft cheese. Choosing this will not limit you on what kind of cheese you want to slice and will have you avoid using other option.
You should also consider having the one that is easy to clean. Some part of the cheese especially the soft cheese when slice has a high chance of sticking into the slicer, so have the hassle free cleaning one of the things you will be looking for when buying a Cheese Slicer.
Most of the Cheese Slicer being offer in the Market also comes with a warranty. But still, make sure that the product you will be buying will give you enough warranty time to really test the durability of the Cheese Slicer.
Tips on Choosing the Best Cheese Slicer
Before making your final choice, here are some tips that can surely help you decide.
- We may have different specific needs when it comes to Cheese slicer, but having the one that is usable to any need we may have is a good feature that you won’t regret spending your money.
- Different product made from different materials have its own life usage but keep in mind also that the durability of the tool will not only depend on how high the quality of the cheese slicer is, but it will also rely on how you properly use and maintain it.
- Although most of us always look for an affordable one, always check if buying such tool will really be effective according to your specific needs and not only because it fits your budget. Remember that tools will only become an investment if it lasts for a long period of time.
It may be a bit hard to distinguish which of the many available cheese slicer in the market is the best one and worth spending of your money. But you should always remember that the best tool should meet all or at least most of the things you should consider when buying the best cheese slicer.
Our Best Cheese Slicer Choice
So in this review, my top pick would be the Bellemain Adjustable Thickness Cheese Slicer, aside from being made from a durable material that will surely last for a long period of time, it is effective on slicing whether you are dealing with a hard or soft cheese, which makes it a flexible tool.
It also comes with an adjustable feature so you can adjust the size of the cheese you preferred, warranty given for the product is also enough to test the tool and also consider that it does come with an extra wire you can use for replacement.
I hope you find this review a big help on choosing the best cheese slicer. If you do, then please feel free to share this article with you friends and family so we can help them too. You can also leave a comment below should you have any feedback or related information you want to share with us.